Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I order?
- Is there a minimum order?
- Can I order custom-made OBD2 cables?
- Will your product support the J1939 or J1587 protocol?
- What does OBDII/OBD2 stand for?
- Do the connector blocks that you see provide stress relief for the wires that come out of the OBD2pins?
- How do you ship the orders?
- Are there any vehicles your interfaces are not suitable for?
- Do you sell kits?
- Do the interfaces include software?
- How do I connect the interface to my computer?
- Are your interfaces ELM based?
1. How do I order?
You may order by FAX, phone, or e-mail. Pre-payments are required from individuals, purchase orders from companies. For California companies, please FAX or mail a copy of your re-sale license with your purchase order. First time orders by companies require payment in advance unless credit is approved. For credit card orders we use PayPal. You would need to register with paypal.com and then send the payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also pay by check or money order. We require prepayment prior to shipping.
6. Do the connector blocks that you sell provide stress relieve for the wires that come out of the OBD2pins?
No. The connector blocks that we sell do not provide stress relief for the wires. You can build your own cables using the CNS cases we sell, some hot melt glue, and OBD2 connector blocks.
10. Do the interfaces include software?
No. It is necessary that you write your own software. Any interface that you buy directly from Multiplex Engineering will not work with any existing COMMERCIAL software you purchase from any source.